Author Topic: Trouble connecting to Flickr FTP  (Read 4155 times)

Offline popejonash

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Trouble connecting to Flickr FTP
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I'm running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) on a Macbook. I'm trying to FTP some images to Flickr, but when I clink on the authorize button, nothing happens.

A previous search in the forums suggested I replace the template-main.rb file from /Applications/Photo Mechanic 5.app/Contents/builtin_templates/upload/Flickr with a new .rb file, but even after doing that, nothing works.

Any suggestions,

Thanks,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Trouble connecting to Flickr FTP
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »
I'm running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) on a Macbook. I'm trying to FTP some images to Flickr, but when I clink on the authorize button, nothing happens.

A previous search in the forums suggested I replace the template-main.rb file from /Applications/Photo Mechanic 5.app/Contents/builtin_templates/upload/Flickr with a new .rb file, but even after doing that, nothing works.

To our knowledge, the built-in flickr template works just fine.  What is this post that you're referring to?

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »
Hi popejonash,

I'm seeing problems with the Flickr uploadr too.  We're looking into it.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »
Hi popejonash,

What I would suggest for the meantime is this:

1. Make sure you're on the latest version of Photo Mechanic 5  https://camerabits.com/downloads

2. Go to Flickr settings and see if Photo Mechanic is already listed an authorized app. If you're logged into Flickr, this link should work: https://www.flickr.com/account/sharing/  If you see Photo Mechanic there, revoke its permissions.

3. In Photo Mechanic's Uploader, go into Connections. and create a New one for Flickr. Name it and click OK.

4. Give it a few seconds. The Authorize button should now be active and then click it.

5. When uploading, keep an eye on file sizes. Large files seem to be causing problems in some cases.

Let me know if this at least got you authorized.

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits