Author Topic: Sharpening in Preview Mode  (Read 4720 times)

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sharpening in Preview Mode
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:07:22 PM »
Hi,

In preview mode my images look sharper when the preview is at 1/4 Zoom, or better, but then the whole image doesn't fit on the screen. Is it possible to view at 1/4 Zoom, but still have the image fit on the screen? If the Zoom is unchecked then it does fit of course, but the image isn't as sharp.

Thanks
Grant
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:10:12 PM by GrantCC »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sharpening in Preview Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »
Grant,

In preview mode my images look sharper when the preview is at 1/4 Zoom, or better, but then the whole image doesn't fit on the screen. Is it possible to view at 1/4 Zoom, but still have the image fit on the screen?

No.  Unless your preview window is sized such that when your images are scaled to 1/4 size they fit the preview pane.

Do you have Preview sharpening turned on or off?

-Kirk

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
Preview sharpening is turned off. In fact now I've turned it on and my question is answered! Sorry, I'd only turned on the thumbnail sharpening and didn't quite look far enough. Although the previews do now look a little over sharpened. However, is it possible to size the preview window?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Grant
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:20:33 PM by GrantCC »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:58:12 PM »
Grant,

Preview sharpening is turned off. In fact now I've turned it on and my question is answered! Sorry, I'd only turned on the thumbnail sharpening and didn't quite look far enough. Although the previews do now look a little over sharpened. However, is it possible to size the preview window?

The Preview pane adjusts itself to the size of the overall Preview window.  Simply resize the Preview window from one of the sizing corners.

-Kirk

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
Thanks Kirk,

Yes I did realise that, just looking for a way to sharpen 1/4 without getting larger than the window.

Grant