Author Topic: PM doesn't remember window position  (Read 3563 times)

Offline paullu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM doesn't remember window position
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »
Every time I open Photo Mechanic (contact sheet), it opens in the top left corner of the screen. If I close a contact sheet, it's back in the top left corner. If then move it to the middle, do my work, and Quit, the next time I open it, it's back at top left corner.

My understanding is that PM is supposed to remember window position. Any idea what's going on?

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973). Mac OS X Yosemite

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM doesn't remember window position
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »
Every time I open Photo Mechanic (contact sheet), it opens in the top left corner of the screen. If I close a contact sheet, it's back in the top left corner. If then move it to the middle, do my work, and Quit, the next time I open it, it's back at top left corner.

My understanding is that PM is supposed to remember window position. Any idea what's going on?

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973). Mac OS X Yosemite

Does Photo Mechanic remember any settings you change?  If not, then it is possible that your preferences files have become damaged.  This link tells you how to reset your preferences:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8218.0

-Kirk

Offline paullu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »
Yes, it remembers other options. I just tried this on my laptop, and..same behavior. Window position is not remembered.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »
Yes, it remembers other options. I just tried this on my laptop, and..same behavior. Window position is not remembered.

I just looked at the code.  The window size is saved and the screen it was last on is remembered.  When the window is restored, the top left corner of the screen that was remembered is used as the top left corner of the restored window.

-Kirk

Offline paullu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
OK, so it sounds like it's by design then, right?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:57:47 PM »
OK, so it sounds like it's by design then, right?

Yes.  It is by design.  I can see how it would be annoying to have the window start at the top left each time if you didn't want it that way so if I find the time, I may make it try to restore the full position and fall back to top-left if the screen dimensions have changed since the window position was saved.

-Kirk