Author Topic: PM fails to ingest the first video file in a folder, others ingest OK  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running PM v5.0, build 16765 (2682793) under Windows 8.1:

I used PM to ingest the contents of a card containing video files, captured using a Panasonic GX7 camera. PM successfully found the video files inside the rather deep set of nested folders the camera uses to store video. However, PM failed to ingest the first video file (named 00000.MTS). Thirteen other files ingested OK (00001.MTS through 00013.MTS), but for some reason PM didn't seem to see the first file.

I attempted to ingest the card again, using an incremental ingest -- but again, PM didn't see the file.

Any ideas on why this might happen?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM fails to ingest the first video file in a folder, others ingest OK
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
Running PM v5.0, build 16765 (2682793) under Windows 8.1:

I used PM to ingest the contents of a card containing video files, captured using a Panasonic GX7 camera. PM successfully found the video files inside the rather deep set of nested folders the camera uses to store video. However, PM failed to ingest the first video file (named 00000.MTS). Thirteen other files ingested OK (00001.MTS through 00013.MTS), but for some reason PM didn't seem to see the first file.

I attempted to ingest the card again, using an incremental ingest -- but again, PM didn't see the file.

Any ideas on why this might happen?

Have you tried turning off Incremental Ingest and then Ingesting again?

-Kirk