Author Topic: Default upload method/location  (Read 1651 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Default upload method/location
« on: October 11, 2015, 02:06:28 AM »
How does photo mechanic choose what upload proflle its going to use when you hit the "Save and Upload" button? I had assumed it uses the most recently used profile entered through the uploader dialog but this does not seem to be the case. I opened the file uploader dialog and then uploaded images to a photoshelter account - a few minutes later while working in a different folder, I captioned a folder and hit "save and upload" and it opened an FTP profile which was for another client. This has happened a few times. It would be very beneficial if by hovering over the "save and upload" button, you could get some indication of which profile its going to use. As it is, even if you want to check this after you've hit the button, its extremly difficult.

OX 10.10.5
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Default upload method/location
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »
Tommy,

How does photo mechanic choose what upload proflle its going to use when you hit the "Save and Upload" button? I had assumed it uses the most recently used profile entered through the uploader dialog but this does not seem to be the case. I opened the file uploader dialog and then uploaded images to a photoshelter account - a few minutes later while working in a different folder, I captioned a folder and hit "save and upload" and it opened an FTP profile which was for another client. This has happened a few times. It would be very beneficial if by hovering over the "save and upload" button, you could get some indication of which profile its going to use. As it is, even if you want to check this after you've hit the button, its extremly difficult.

It is supposed to use the last used template and its settings.  I'll have to check into this and get back to you.

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Default upload method/location
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

Possible that at one point, I hit cmd+U instead of cmd+option+u which would have taken me back to the FTP uploader. I will monitor how it behaves more closely and if I see any issue I'll let you know.