Author Topic: Can't Upload to Flickr  (Read 4411 times)

Offline jmfrankel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't Upload to Flickr
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:33:13 AM »
I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled PM (v5.0, build 16960 (6a2289)) on my late 2009 iMac running OS 10.11.2. Now I'm unable to upload photos from PM to my Flickr account. When I attempt to create a new connection by clicking New in the Flickr Uploader Connection Settings window, nothing happens. I've de-authorized and reauthorized permission for PM on my Flickr account to no avail. I tried substituting a Flickr template that was offered back in 2014 on this forum, but that didn't work. I tried re-installing PM on my iMac (without removing any files first), but that didn't help, either. Any ideas? The frustrating part is that the PM installation on my Macbook Air uploads to my Flickr account with no problem. Many thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't Upload to Flickr
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled PM (v5.0, build 16960 (6a2289)) on my late 2009 iMac running OS 10.11.2. Now I'm unable to upload photos from PM to my Flickr account. When I attempt to create a new connection by clicking New in the Flickr Uploader Connection Settings window, nothing happens. I've de-authorized and reauthorized permission for PM on my Flickr account to no avail. I tried substituting a Flickr template that was offered back in 2014 on this forum, but that didn't work. I tried re-installing PM on my iMac (without removing any files first), but that didn't help, either. Any ideas? The frustrating part is that the PM installation on my Macbook Air uploads to my Flickr account with no problem. Many thanks.

Do you receive some sort of error message?

I'd like to see your PM log file.  Go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Diagnostics..." and then post the zipped log file here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jmfrankel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
No, I didn't receive any sort of error message. After clicking New, nothing happens. I've attached the log file. Thanks for taking a look.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »

Does clicking "New" in the Connection Settings clear out the "Flickr Connection Setting Name"?  Do you then enter a name for your connection setting and click the OK button?  Clicking New doesn't do much other than clear out the field so you can enter a new one.

When you get back to the Flickr Uploader, is the Account popup blank?  Or does it have a name you entered?

-Kirk

Offline jmfrankel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »
Ah, now I get it. Thanks so much for clearing up my confusion. I didn't realize that all I needed to do was simply enter a connection name in the Connection Settings window and click OK. I did that and now the Flickr Uploader works fine.

Jeff