Author Topic: Any sort of API access to PM 5???  (Read 5438 times)

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Any sort of API access to PM 5???
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:38 PM »
I'm a photographer, but code still runs through my blood from the time when I was a software developer..

I just picked up one of these - http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/behringer-x-touch-mini/   to write some better code to interface it to Lightroom and I'd really like to be able to use it for making selections on PM as well.   That being said, I could use sendkeys to just blindly send keystrokes to PM, but what I'd like to be able to do is use the controller to rated images and at the same time have the rating show on the controller.  Sendkeys would work for the first part, but I would need some method to gather information from PM, like what image file is currently selected.   From there I could go into the images ITPC data (jpg) or possibly XMP for raw.   However, without actually being able to get the info from the app, I might as well not even bother trying to work on it, unless there is an API interface to the application.

Thanks

Jim

Offline PeterM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Any sort of API access to PM 5???
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:03:18 PM »
Hi Jim,

I'm not going to be able to help but merely add to the query. One idea I had was to use PhotoMechanic as a viewer for various social media sites - Flickr, Instagram, etc. PM is a great way to quickly review lots of photos. One would need API's from various sites - Flickr certainly has one - and then develop within PM the ability to use the API to import the photos and export the ratings on a site specific basis. For example, I could import 100 of my contacts photos, selectively 'fav' them (perhaps mapping PM's tag field), perhaps write a comment and then have the information added back to my Flickr stream.

I'd be interested in hearing yours or others thoughts on this.

Peter