Author Topic: sideward scrolling  (Read 3880 times)

Offline JS

• View Profile
sideward scrolling
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »
Hi all,

PM 5; MacOs 10.9.5

I accidentally discovered some strange behaviour. Since my mighty mouse with the scroll ball is defect, I use a logitech mouse where one pushes the scroll wheel to the left or right for sidewards scrolling in 100% view. But this is very, very slow in PM, not quite usable. In Photoshop, lightroom or the mac own viewer it works very good. How comes this? The scroll ball of the mighty mouse always was fast in PM.

-John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: sideward scrolling
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »
John,

PM 5; MacOs 10.9.5

I accidentally discovered some strange behaviour. Since my mighty mouse with the scroll ball is defect, I use a logitech mouse where one pushes the scroll wheel to the left or right for sidewards scrolling in 100% view. But this is very, very slow in PM, not quite usable. In Photoshop, lightroom or the mac own viewer it works very good. How comes this? The scroll ball of the mighty mouse always was fast in PM.

Have you tried adjusting the scroll wheel sensitivity in the Contact Sheet and Preview sections of Photo Mechanic's Preferences dialog?  I'm sure you can find a setting that works for you.

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
Re: sideward scrolling
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:07:07 AM »
Kirk,

I dit. It doesn't work well, even when I put it to "Highest". Well, it's not such a big problem. Maybe a windows-apple thing. Unfortunately I can't try it on a windows pc. I will look for some new mighty mouses.

-John