Author Topic: Importing to LR CC question  (Read 2639 times)

Offline tivoli

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Importing to LR CC question
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »
I prefer to look for images to edit in Photo Mechanic. However, if an image has already been imported into Lightroom, I don't see how I can tell Lightroom that I want to edit the image. If I drag the image to Lightroom desktop CC on Windows 10, the import dialog will open and the image will not show because it's already been imported. Is there a way to move an already imported image from PM to LR? Thank you.

Offline vabiro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Importing to LR CC question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:21:02 AM »
Hi,

One of the problems between PM and LR is the tagging, but you can make flags in PM that are visible in LR. What I do is mar the pictures that I want to edit in LR with 1 star. This becomes visible in LR after importing, or when I select "Read Metadata from File" for files that have been imported.

You may find this video helpful: https://youtu.be/iO07PIIiRHM?list=PLQC5YIYDVx_Aamg45WCjzptkNUKiRlM_X

Offline tivoli

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Importing to LR CC question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:14:54 AM »
Thank you, I watched the whole thing and got some great tips. I didn't see a solution to my question, though. The issue is if images are already imported into lightroom and I prefer to go BACK to photo mechanic and cull some images to edit in lightroom, I cannot see how I can bring those selections into LR (although they are already in LR.) If I right click "edit in lightroom", they do not show up in the LR import area. Thanks.