Author Topic: Tab not working properly in ingest dialog box  (Read 5052 times)

Offline jaylaprete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tab not working properly in ingest dialog box
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »
Previously when using the ingest command - I set the Copy Photos: to "into folder with name" and type a folder name into the box. Then I would hit the TAB key and enter a number into the "use folder sequence" box (the box is checked). I then click ingest and the ingest process would start.

However, about a week ago, when I hit the TAB key to move to the next box, the cursor disappears. If I hit the TAB key three more times, it reappears in the "use folder sequence" box and I can continue with the process as I did earlier. Now, it always works this way.

Is there some type of bug in the latest version or is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tab not working properly in ingest dialog box
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
Previously when using the ingest command - I set the Copy Photos: to "into folder with name" and type a folder name into the box. Then I would hit the TAB key and enter a number into the "use folder sequence" box (the box is checked). I then click ingest and the ingest process would start.

However, about a week ago, when I hit the TAB key to move to the next box, the cursor disappears. If I hit the TAB key three more times, it reappears in the "use folder sequence" box and I can continue with the process as I did earlier. Now, it always works this way.

Is there some type of bug in the latest version or is there something I am missing?

What OS are you running PM on?

-Kirk

Offline jaylaprete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 07:27:40 AM »
Mac 10.11.2 with PM Version 5.0, build 16960 (6ba2289)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
Mac 10.11.2 with PM Version 5.0, build 16960 (6ba2289)

When the holidays are over we'll try and reproduce the problem on that OS version.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 05:10:06 AM »
I can confirm that in exact same config, irrespective of system settings of Full Keyboard Access in Accessibility preferences. It seems just the Copy dialog is affected.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
Frantisek,

The original message described a problem with Ingest.  You have an issue with Ingest and the Copy Photos dialog as well?

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »
Frantisek,

The original message described a problem with Ingest.  You have an issue with Ingest and the Copy Photos dialog as well?

-Kirk

Sorry. Must have misread the OP. The behaviour for me shows in the Copy Photos dialog (with Rename checked). Ingest dialog with Rename checked and/or Folder sequence checked TAB works correctly for me no matter what combination of checkboxes I try.

Offline jaylaprete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Any progress on the tab key not working on ingest? I have reinstalled PM, I have also tried deleting preferences and resetting them. Thanks.

Jay

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »
Jay,

Any progress on the tab key not working on ingest? I have reinstalled PM, I have also tried deleting preferences and resetting them. Thanks.

If all goes well, the next build will have this problem resolved.

-Kirk