Author Topic: Pasting last caption in stationary pad  (Read 5004 times)

Offline SCW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Pasting last caption in stationary pad
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:45:43 AM »
When captioning images one at a time in the stationary pad and saving and moving on to the next, I sometimes want to use exactly the same caption as before. Is their anyway to duplicate the last caption? There is the Apply stationary pad button but this will only apply the generic data I used when uploading the images or bulk captioning them with the ctrl + I command.  At the moment when I get to an image needing the same caption I either have to input the same data or go back to the previous image, copy and then swap images again to paste.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Pasting last caption in stationary pad
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »
When captioning images one at a time in the stationary pad and saving and moving on to the next, I sometimes want to use exactly the same caption as before. Is their anyway to duplicate the last caption? There is the Apply stationary pad button but this will only apply the generic data I used when uploading the images or bulk captioning them with the ctrl + I command.  At the moment when I get to an image needing the same caption I either have to input the same data or go back to the previous image, copy and then swap images again to paste.   

I think you must be confusing the IPTC Stationery Pad with the IPTC Info dialog.  Only the IPTC Info dialog has next/previous buttons.

In any case, there is no direct function to do what you describe.  Going back, copying a field, going forward and pasting the field is the fastest/least amount of typing currently available.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:19:20 AM »
...and remember there are keyboard shortcuts for going back

Command-shift-b  (on OSX) will go back to the previous photo.
Tab and Shift-tab will move you up and down through fields in the dialog
Command-A will select the entire field

After doing it a few times, muscle memory may kick in and it can be quite fast

Hope this helps!

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Michael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:11:45 AM »
Hello!

I understand your situation hopefully correct? You do not want to copy all IPTC data, only for the next one or two images, the CAPTION?

Then I know your problem. In IPTC editor there are buttons "copy", "Save and advance", "paste" and so on.

This does not help us because it ALL Data copying and pasting. Included fields that are occupied in Stationary Pad with variables and individually for each image.

So I suspect you have a similar function to insert it into three or four pictures only same caption, ex. "John Doe (1st left), Jane Doe (2nd left) ....", in the next pictures other peples names and so on?

Then I am with you and would find good, copy buttons for further switch, insert content only caption.

At the moment I have to do like writing Mick. Go back one picture, click in the Caption field and press CTRL + A, CTRL + C, turn in front again, paste in the Caption field.