Author Topic: Navigator not updating on OSX  (Read 5101 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Navigator not updating on OSX
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:42:34 AM »
OSX "El Capitan" 10.11.1 (15B42)
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765

I have noticed (before upgrading to El Capitan and before updating to this recent version of PM) that the navigator panel does not match what is in my OSX Sidebar (shouldnt it?)
If I add a folder to the sidebar in finder - I dont see it in PM's Navigator - it is showing an older version of the sidebar.
I have tried using the "refresh" option, restarting PM and restarting my Mac but doesnt fix the issue.
It's not a huge issue as I can add the folders I regularly access to the "Favorites" panel but I'm pretty sure this used to work properly. (i.e - if I added a folder shortcut to my sidebar in finder - it would appear in PM's navigator)

Thanks

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Navigator not updating on OSX
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 02:45:53 AM »
FYI: I do have the "Show Finder Sidebar items in Navigator" option checked.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:07:57 AM »
Tommy,

Apple keeps changing how the Sidebar items are defined.  I have to reverse-engineer them when they change.  They have been making them more and more obscure lately.

I'm really busy on work for PM 6 so I don't know when I'd be able to update PM 5 to be compatible with 10.11's Sidebar items.

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
Thanks Kirk- Not urgent anyway as I can use the Favoirites, just wanted to make you aware.

Thanks

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 06:20:53 AM »
I just noticed this too :(

Suddenly (it used to be just fine), the Navigator panel doesn't list all of my sidebar items any longer. Interestingly, some do show, but the majority don't. Interestingly, on my desktop the sidebar items show up just fine and it has a similar configuration; same OS (10.10.5) and PM versions (17146), and similar siderbar items. I have tried turning the option “show finder sidebar items in navigator” off and on (with restarts of PM in between), to “reset” things, but the result is the same: OK on desktop, missing items on the laptop.

I'm not sure what was changed to make the sidebar items on the laptop disappear, but now I can't get them back. Weird…
Perhaps there is a simple fix to this…

Update: I just removed one of my sidebar items and then re-added it. Now it shows up again in PM too :o
Hopefully this will lead you to the cause of the missing items?

Cheers,
Hayo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:24:44 AM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl