Author Topic: Can I import Extensis Portfolio files?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline CaroleWalsh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can I import Extensis Portfolio files?
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »
I was told that Photo Mechanic can import catalogs made in Extensis Portfolio.

I am using a demo version of Photo Mechanic 5 on a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to see if it will work for me.

I have a number of catalogs that were created in Extensis Portfolio v.7 (they have the extension ".fdb")

Can I really import or convert them for Photo Mechanic? I tried going to Preferences -> Import. But when I choose an fdb file it says "Unable to parse file as archive, import cancelled."

Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can I import Extensis Portfolio files?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
I was told that Photo Mechanic can import catalogs made in Extensis Portfolio.

I am using a demo version of Photo Mechanic 5 on a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to see if it will work for me.

I have a number of catalogs that were created in Extensis Portfolio v.7 (they have the extension ".fdb")

Can I really import or convert them for Photo Mechanic? I tried going to Preferences -> Import. But when I choose an fdb file it says "Unable to parse file as archive, import cancelled."

Photo Mechanic does not currently have a database.  Photo Mechanic is a browser.  Simply choose folders containing images you want to see and PM will show them.  It does not import/convert Extensis Portfolio catalogs.

-Kirk