Author Topic: When photo editing in PM5 is selected to edit in LR 5.7 LR not ok  (Read 1836 times)

Offline reinhardkoehler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,
just got recently PM5 and I bought it anyway though I could ressolve that issue right away.
So I just tried it anyway in LR 5.7 and am right away back to PM5 trying your Workflow again.
When I tagged or even starred the pics in PM5 and want to export them into LR5.7 (Win 7 Prof), not only those selected pics are shown in the import dialogue of LR but all pics on that specific file...
Anythin I can do about this.
Sorry if this question had been asked already and I'm sure it was, but a quick search didn't come with anything that easily fit the query....
So I'm asking again :-)

thanks help is very much appreciated
Reinhard from Germany.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: When photo editing in PM5 is selected to edit in LR 5.7 LR not ok
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
Hello Reinhard,

Because Adobe keeps changing the method by which is selects imports, we have found that the most effective way to open photos in Lightroom from Photo Mechanic is this:

1. Select the photos in Photo Mechanic
2. Drag them to Lightroom application and drop them there.

The Lightroom import dialog will show all the photos from that folder, but only the ones you have dragged will be checkmarked and highlighted for import.

Note, your Star Ratings will still be visible in Lightroom, but the 'tag' information will not.

I hope this helps,

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits