Author Topic: LastKeywordXMP field  (Read 2253 times)

Offline sbw2013

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
LastKeywordXMP field
« on: November 17, 2015, 06:19:29 AM »
Is there any way to see the LastKeywordXMP field in Photo Mechanic and get rid of the data in that field?  Here’s why I’m asking: I used a software program called Historian to edit and keyword some scanned jpg files for a client.  Then I exported the files to Windows.  Later, I when I went to merge these scanned files with the client’s digital photos, I decided to change the keywords to ones that made more sense.  So for instance, a keyword that had been with the scanned files was John-work, and I wanted to change it to John, Work.  So I used Photo Mechanic to REPLACE (not append) the keywords. It's clearly visible in my Windows files that the keywords are now John, Work (no sign of John-work anymore).  However, when I upload the files to a cloud-based photo management program called FOREVER for my client, all three keywords (John, Work, and John-work) show up.  A colleague of mine has an exif tool and was able to check this out further for me and he confirmed that Historian writes to the LastKeywordXMP field (ie, he confirmed that the LastKeywordXMP field still had “John-Work” listed in it).  So now I’d like to get rid of the data in that field (for a LOT of scanned images). Thank you!

Offline sbw2013

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: LastKeywordXMP field
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:17:03 AM »
Actually I am noticing now that for any files I upload (whether they came from Historian or not), old keywords are showing up in the Forever tags.  Files I got from my client that had "messy" tags that I thought I had cleaned by replacing with a clean set of keywords are still showing the messy tags.  Ugh!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: LastKeywordXMP field
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »
Is there any way to see the LastKeywordXMP field in Photo Mechanic and get rid of the data in that field?  Here’s why I’m asking: I used a software program called Historian to edit and keyword some scanned jpg files for a client.  Then I exported the files to Windows.  Later, I when I went to merge these scanned files with the client’s digital photos, I decided to change the keywords to ones that made more sense.  So for instance, a keyword that had been with the scanned files was John-work, and I wanted to change it to John, Work.  So I used Photo Mechanic to REPLACE (not append) the keywords. It's clearly visible in my Windows files that the keywords are now John, Work (no sign of John-work anymore).  However, when I upload the files to a cloud-based photo management program called FOREVER for my client, all three keywords (John, Work, and John-work) show up.  A colleague of mine has an exif tool and was able to check this out further for me and he confirmed that Historian writes to the LastKeywordXMP field (ie, he confirmed that the LastKeywordXMP field still had “John-Work” listed in it).  So now I’d like to get rid of the data in that field (for a LOT of scanned images). Thank you!

The LastKeywordXMP is from a Microsoft-specific schema.  The schema namespace is "http://ns.microsoft.com/photo/1.0/"

Photo Mechanic does not display or edit any of the tags in Microsoft's schema.

You'll have to use some other tool like exiftool to remove these unwanted tags.

-Kirk