Author Topic: Crashing PM  (Read 3456 times)

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Crashing PM
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:49:23 AM »
Kirk

I'm having lots of crashes using PM 4.4.3.3, many different operations, drag and drop, opening contact sheets etc.

Sometimes the crashes cause the ITPC data to get lost, and all the preferences to be reverted to the defaults, sometimes not. I've been sending the crash reports off to you but haven't included my email address for the last couple of days, I will in future so you are able to deal directly with the problems.

Running a PBP 15" OSX.4.8 2.33 Ghz 2gigs of RAM, using CS as my default with CS3 as an additional custom editor. Have done restarts and run Applejack several times.

Any suggestions, normally PM is rock solid however for the last of days it's being very naughty!

Best

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crashing PM
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:51:59 AM »
I'm having lots of crashes using PM 4.4.3.3, many different operations, drag and drop, opening contact sheets etc.

Sometimes the crashes cause the ITPC data to get lost, and all the preferences to be reverted to the defaults, sometimes not. I've been sending the crash reports off to you but haven't included my email address for the last couple of days, I will in future so you are able to deal directly with the problems.

Running a PBP 15" OSX.4.8 2.33 Ghz 2gigs of RAM, using CS as my default with CS3 as an additional custom editor. Have done restarts and run Applejack several times.

Any suggestions, normally PM is rock solid however for the last of days it's being very naughty!

I have seen the crash reports you have filed.  They all are basically the same crash and have to do with a damaged PSD file in one of your contact sheets.  We currently use QuickTime to render PSD files.  QuickTime is getting tripped up by one of your PSD files and is crashing Photo Mechanic.  Identifying and removing the offending file should stop the crashing.

HTH,

-Kirk