Author Topic: After Keywording my photos when I do advanced search only some of them show up?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline James surf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973)
I am running os x yosemite version 10.10.5(14f1021)
After I keyword my photos I go to Edit/Search/Keywords/Contains/Any/ keyword is beach or whatever for example
my volume/hard drive is selected, I click the search button and only some of the photos show up in the search. I go back to check if the photos that are not showing up have keywords but they do so I am very confused as to why some of them show up but not all. I even un keyword them and re keyword them trying to figure out why this is happening. I need to go threw a few 1000 photos and add keywords so if some of them don't show up I'm wasting a lot of time. Thanks for any help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973)
I am running os x yosemite version 10.10.5(14f1021)
After I keyword my photos I go to Edit/Search/Keywords/Contains/Any/ keyword is beach or whatever for example
my volume/hard drive is selected, I click the search button and only some of the photos show up in the search. I go back to check if the photos that are not showing up have keywords but they do so I am very confused as to why some of them show up but not all. I even un keyword them and re keyword them trying to figure out why this is happening. I need to go threw a few 1000 photos and add keywords so if some of them don't show up I'm wasting a lot of time. Thanks for any help

What file types are you working with?  PM uses Apple's Spotlight technology for its Search feature and Spotlight does not work well with RAW files, especially if you're storing your metadata in XMP sidecar files.  Spotlight works well (generally) with JPEGs.

-Kirk