Author Topic: Auto complete IPTC too many problems  (Read 2464 times)

Offline thomascasadei

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto complete IPTC too many problems
« on: November 20, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
Hello,
I have some very big problems with auto-completion in IPTC picture panel of photomechanics 5.
I'm using PM in two different workstation 1 mac with OS X Yosemite and 1 in PC with WINDOWS 7

PROBLEM 1 WINDOWS (not on MAC)
When I type the first few letters of the suggestion that appear only one row, the first row founded, eg :
I type "camp" and suggestions appears only as ”campionship A”; but if there is also "campionship B”, “campionship C”..  I can not select it.

PROBLEM 2 WINDOWS (not on MAC)
If the word in the list contains a space, autocomplete suggestion vanishes, eg :
I type "Naomi Campbell"
The suggestion disappears when I type the space " " between the words.
The same happens with other symbols like “,”, “;” etc…

PROBLEM 3 on both MAC and WINDOWS
The suggestions are case-sensitive and that still makes it very difficult to use. Is there a solution to solved this?

I'm using PH5 v5.0 build 16438 ( e61be25 ) on MAC
and v5.0 build 16765 ( 2682973 ) on WINDOWS 7

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Auto complete IPTC too many problems
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »
I'll try to answer your questions from what I know about the autocomplete.

Problem 1. It could be that your other choices are simply not in the autocomplete list, did you add them there?

Problem 2. Are you sure that this doesn't happen on a Mac? For me it certainly does. It is one of the limitations of the autocomplete (which I really dislike and hope to see fixed...)

Problem 3. This too is a limitation of the current autocomplete. I too wish this gets solved in the future by an option, but that will probably take some time (PM6 or later I presume).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Auto complete IPTC too many problems
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
Hello,
I have some very big problems with auto-completion in IPTC picture panel of photomechanics 5.
I'm using PM in two different workstation 1 mac with OS X Yosemite and 1 in PC with WINDOWS 7

PROBLEM 1 WINDOWS (not on MAC)
When I type the first few letters of the suggestion that appear only one row, the first row founded, eg :
I type "camp" and suggestions appears only as ”campionship A”; but if there is also "campionship B”, “campionship C”..  I can not select it.

PROBLEM 2 WINDOWS (not on MAC)
If the word in the list contains a space, autocomplete suggestion vanishes, eg :
I type "Naomi Campbell"
The suggestion disappears when I type the space " " between the words.
The same happens with other symbols like “,”, “;” etc…

PROBLEM 3 on both MAC and WINDOWS
The suggestions are case-sensitive and that still makes it very difficult to use. Is there a solution to solved this?

I'm using PM5 v5.0 build 16438 ( e61be25 ) on MAC
and v5.0 build 16765 ( 2682973 ) on WINDOWS 7

It is working as designed.  Yes it could be much better.  The autocomplete system will be replaced at some point by a cross-platform solution (will work the same on both Mac OS X and Windows) but I don't have a time frame for when that work will be started or completed.

-Kirk