Author Topic: PM Searchable Image Database  (Read 2888 times)

Offline ybp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Searchable Image Database
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »
I purchased Photo Mechanic a almost a year ago last December, under the impression from your website that it offered superior image searching / database functionality.

Afterwards, I realized that this was actually an advertisement for a future release.

No problem, I still have enjoyed its speed and use it for the first draft of culling photos. Even just for this purpose, it is worth the price.

However, I would like to have an update on that future release which offers the superior image searching / database functionality.

What is the status? Will it ever be released?

I have a 10-TB database and almost two million photos in my database. No software efficiently supports my business any longer.

Picasa - fast, but lacks one-key commands and crashes over and over by becoming unstable beyond about 300K photos
Lightroom - glacial imports, totally unusable for fast culling even on a Mac Pro with 1000 MB/sec drives (maxes out at about 20 MB/sec, makes my elite Mac Pro slower than a bargain laptop would be using any other software).
Mac OS X Photos - duplicates all imported pictures in JPEG files that are larger than the original files, filling the entire local drive by the time only 2% of photos have been imported.
Every other software also doesn't work. I've tried over 80 software programs, everything available on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Photo Mechanic's image database solution is what the entire world has been waiting for and needs desperately. When will it be finished?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: PM Searchable Image Database
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »
Hello ybp,

Thank you for the interest. We totally understand the need for the functionality that you describe, and we're actively working very hard to deliver something that will meet your expectations and help support your business.  The nature of software development is such that we can not comment on when it will be finished.  Trust that when it is ready we will not keep it a secret.

Regards,

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits