Author Topic: FTP green box on large preview  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP green box on large preview
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:42:16 AM »
Photographing & transmitting deadline sports match. Was FTPing a selection of ingested pictures to an editor, by browsing them on full screen preview. 

Noticed that if you do > Cmd U > Send > the image transmits but there is no green box ftp confirmation on the large screen preview. You have to come out of the large screen preview back to the thumbnails to see the green boxes showing which ones have been successfully transmitted.

I realize you can toggle between the two using escape and space bar, but if it's not too complicated to write into the software could the green box also appear somewhere on the large preview screen please, to save time flicking back to the thumbnail screen whilst trying to watch the match.

Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP green box on large preview
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
Photographing & transmitting deadline sports match. Was FTPing a selection of ingested pictures to an editor, by browsing them on full screen preview. 

Noticed that if you do > Cmd U > Send > the image transmits but there is no green box ftp confirmation on the large screen preview. You have to come out of the large screen preview back to the thumbnails to see the green boxes showing which ones have been successfully transmitted.

I realize you can toggle between the two using escape and space bar, but if it's not too complicated to write into the software could the green box also appear somewhere on the large preview screen please, to save time flicking back to the thumbnail screen whilst trying to watch the match.

Thanks for the feedback Matt.  We'll consider adding this feature for PM 6.

-Kirk

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:53:50 AM »
Great, thanks for considering it Kirk.
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline J.A.S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »
Another vote for this idea.

Would be really useful.

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
Another vote also for this feature - also a way to clear the ftp upload data manually of at software quit would be great. I sometimes have to go see my ftp logs to make sure I did not forget to send some pictures after quitting PM.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
Another vote also for this feature - also a way to clear the ftp upload data manually of at software quit would be great. I sometimes have to go see my ftp logs to make sure I did not forget to send some pictures after quitting PM.

Manually?  You mean you want the upload status to persist over several launches of PM until you manually remove it?

-Kirk