Author Topic: Merge IPTCMETA DATA from Spreadsheet into images  (Read 3024 times)

Offline richben90

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Merge IPTCMETA DATA from Spreadsheet into images
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:11:54 AM »
I have 80,000 image files, with keyword and caption data stored separately in a spreadsheet. I would like to merge the meta data into the images. I have read and tried to follow previous postings on this subject without success. I have read the posting at the following link: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6668.0

I have saved my data from excel as a tab-separated text file. I've tried to keep it simple to start with, using a 2 row and 2 column text file of dummy data. The first column contains the filename of the image file. The second column contains a single keyword, as per below. The text file is attached.

filename   Keyword
P-6-072231.jpg   Alpha
P-6-072232.jpg   Beta

I have added the filename to the code replacement dialog. I have added \{filename}#1\ to the keywords field in the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog. When I 'apply IPTC Stationery Pad to Photos', "\{filename}#1\" has been replaced by "\P-6-072231.jpg#1\". I had expected it to be replaced by "\Alpha\".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Merge IPTCMETA DATA from Spreadsheet into images
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 12:05:54 AM »
I just tried your file and that is just fine. What I suspect has happened is that you have changed the code replacement character to something other than the default “\” (I personally have it set to “`”). Look at your code replacement delimiter found in the code replacement dialog where you also load the code replacement files (see attached screenshot for reference).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl