Author Topic: Color Class not saving  (Read 3427 times)

Offline lumen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color Class not saving
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
Hello! Thanks for accept me in this forum.
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973) on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013). OSX Yosemite 10.10.3. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB ram.
I am setting color class in JPGs placed in a server QNAP model TS-653 PRO-8G (in raid 5).

The reason to post here today is that the color class I set on QNAP disappear minutes after I set it. For instance, I set color class to 30 images, then switch to any other application (Spotify, Safari, etc.) and once back, the color class are gone. And the same occurs with tags...

I don't know where the color class is saved, if it is into the file or in a hidden file somewhere. I have alto two more servers, a windows and a linux, and though I can't see any aditional file in the folders with photos, the color class never changes, always remain as I set it.

Thanks in advance. Luciano.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color Class not saving
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:35:17 PM »
Luciano,

Hello! Thanks for accept me in this forum.
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16765 (2682973) on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013). OSX Yosemite 10.10.3. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB ram.
I am setting color class in JPGs placed in a server QNAP model TS-653 PRO-8G (in raid 5).

The reason to post here today is that the color class I set on QNAP disappear minutes after I set it. For instance, I set color class to 30 images, then switch to any other application (Spotify, Safari, etc.) and once back, the color class are gone. And the same occurs with tags...

I don't know where the color class is saved, if it is into the file or in a hidden file somewhere. I have alto two more servers, a windows and a linux, and though I can't see any aditional file in the folders with photos, the color class never changes, always remain as I set it.

It is generally saved in the image itself or in the case of RAW files either in the file or in an XMP sidecar file.

Check your permissions of those files.  PM does not report errors if it is unable to modify your files due to a permissions problem.

-Kirk

Offline lumen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Color Class not saving
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »
Thanks!