Author Topic: Upload Speeds Tank  (Read 2785 times)

Offline patricksmith04

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upload Speeds Tank
« on: December 19, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »
I recently updated to my Macbook Pro to Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16960 (6ba2289) on El Capitan 10.11.2.

When uploading to FTP's (doesn't matter what FTP) after the first three images send at 4000 KB/sec...it drops to 30 KB/sec. If I cancel the transfer, and send images one by one, it tends to send at the fastest aforementioned speed.

My Speed Test, even during that drop in rate, still comes back at over 100 MB/sec. Other FTP clients have no issues, such as Transmit.

Not sure what the issue is, but has never been an issue before.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload Speeds Tank
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
I recently updated to my Macbook Pro to Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16960 (6ba2289) on El Capitan 10.11.2.

When uploading to FTP's (doesn't matter what FTP) after the first three images send at 4000 KB/sec...it drops to 30 KB/sec. If I cancel the transfer, and send images one by one, it tends to send at the fastest aforementioned speed.

My Speed Test, even during that drop in rate, still comes back at over 100 MB/sec. Other FTP clients have no issues, such as Transmit.

Not sure what the issue is, but has never been an issue before.

If you change the Uploader settings to not allow concurrent uploads, do the speeds improve?

-Kirk

Offline patricksmith04

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Upload Speeds Tank
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:24:09 AM »
Kirk,
Actually doing the opposite seemed to correct the issue.

Thank you!