Author Topic: PM not starting  (Read 4171 times)

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM not starting
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
Hi Kirk & Co. & Merry Christmas!

Just got back from a week off in Ireland, back to work and fired up the laptop, only to find that PM refuses to start... It seems like it might start, but quickly goes quiet and after1-2 min the following error message pops up.

Error:Photo Mechanic Scripting Engine failed to initialize.(reason test 1: timeout awaiting result.) Application will now exit.

Restart and repair/reinstall have no effect... likewise rolling back to the prev. version. No start & same error.

PM was working fine when I left & this machine has been locked in a drawer, and not touched by anyone while I was away... nothing else seems to be amiss... that is the PC functions normally other than this PM prob. No updates/changes of any kind were made. Turned it off, went away. Came back & fired it up... and no joy!

I guess I'm being punished for taking a week off... ;-(

The prob. now is that I'm working all through Christmas & New Years & need PM up & running! Never seen this particular error in all the years I have been using PM... Could use some quick help for a my Christmas pres.

Alienware i5/16gig ram/win7 64bit
PM5 R16765 & R16438(same prob with either version)

Thank you!
Ned

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: PM not starting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »
Kirk is currently on vacation and may not be answering.  I forwarded this thread to our technical support team, but they too are just about to go on holiday.   It will be tough to diagnose this with the back-and-forth of the forums.

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Hi Mick
Thanks for getting back to me.. Yes it always is a bit of tussle time wise being on the other side of the world from you folks... and of course the holidaze too... but as I am one of the chosen (yipii) and will have to work through the holidays I  appreciate any & all help/suggestions you could throw my way ;~} Hiccups are one thing, but PM not starting like this is a killer...
I also sent Kirk a copy of my log file just in case... per mail... can you pick it up from the forums mail or shall I send a copy to you at another address?

Thanks again
Ned

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
Ned,

Hi Kirk & Co. & Merry Christmas!

Just got back from a week off in Ireland, back to work and fired up the laptop, only to find that PM refuses to start... It seems like it might start, but quickly goes quiet and after1-2 min the following error message pops up.

Error:Photo Mechanic Scripting Engine failed to initialize.(reason test 1: timeout awaiting result.) Application will now exit.

Restart and repair/reinstall have no effect... likewise rolling back to the prev. version. No start & same error.

Photo Mechanic version 5.0.0.0 build 16438 (e61be25)
[Wed Dec-23-2015 18:55:11.838][00000f74][0053536] ruby_embed.cpp:2806 ruby modules load: failed loading ./ruby/script/dyn-dialog.rbx
[Wed Dec-23-2015 18:55:11.885][00000f74][0053580] ruby_embed.cpp:2911 RubyWorkerThread: bootstrap failed: (eval):116:in `verify_unpack_envelope': bad envelope: bad session_key field in envelope - ["(eval):34", "(eval):34:in `value'", "(eval):34:in `evx'", "(eval):32"]
[Wed Dec-23-2015 18:56:09.575][00001be8][0053472] Error: Photo Mechanic Scripting Engine failed to initialize. (Reason: test 1: timeout awaiting result.)
If problem persists, try reinstalling Photo Mechanic.

Please re-download the installer and reinstall Photo Mechanic.  I advise you uninstall first.  Don't worry, your PM preferences won't be lost.

-Kirk

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »
Thank you Kirk!
Had done a un/reinstall... two in fact... but the new installer with the newest vers. seems to have been the difference & done the trick... at least PM is able to start ,;~} I haven't run it for more than a few min so far, but at least we are up!
Many thanks!

Have a great Christmas and a safe & happy New Year!
Ned