Author Topic: Showing and/or filtering images by file size  (Read 4492 times)

Offline 211Oakland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Showing and/or filtering images by file size
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
I'm new to PM so perhaps I missed this.

I realize I can filter in the grid view by file size.

But I need to find all files, or merely isolate them, by file size, using something like ">100MB". Or just show the file size in the grid view.

I have a camera that does pixel shift images, which are really huge, and its tough to ID them (I wish my camera would append something to the filename automatically, but no). So file size is a proxy; I then keyword them as such. There might be an exif or maker note tag that IDs them, but I haven't dived in yet to figure that out. In any case, on ingestion I wanna ID them and add info that makes them easier to manipulate later.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Showing and/or filtering images by file size
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »
There is currently no way to search your entire set of drives for photos > 100MB in size.

-Kirk

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Showing and/or filtering images by file size
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 12:38:03 AM »
...Or just show the file size in the grid view.

You may be able to use a manual multi step process for image selection. Configure preferences->contact sheet to display name + 1 label with the thumbnail. Type Label 1 value to {filesize} (see attached image). You may or may not want to set default sorting method to Sort by {filesize}. Tick Reverse of you want large files first. (I stick to Capture Time for default sort). Save preferences. Back in the Contact Sheet you should see the filesize value with each thumbnail (see attached image).

If you did not set the default sorting method to filesize, sort the current contact sheet by {filesize}. Tick Reverse if you want thumbnails for larger files first. Select large file thumbnails, in Windows: navigate to and click first large file thumbnail (>100MB+) , navigate to last large file thumbnail and shift+click. With appropriate files selected, have PM do what you want to do to those files.

--
Odd S.
--
Odd S.