Author Topic: Help With Name Direction on Favorites  (Read 3361 times)

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Help With Name Direction on Favorites
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
When I open PM I want the folders to appear first to select from.  Instead they are appearing at the bottom and the files are on top.  I use to two MacBook Pros.  The 2015 is tied into a Thunderbolt display and the 2013 is the one I take with me to shoot games and process images.  I'm having troubles with the 2013 MacBook Pro. The 2015 MacBook works like I want.  I run El Capitan on both machines.  The reason I want the folders first is for speed during games so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of files before getting to the folders.

The Mac's Finder on both machines work like they should, folders show up first.  I think the solution is to change the Name to pointing up on the Favorites Tab.  It is like this on my 2015 machine.  However when I do this it does not stay pointing up after closing PM and when I reopen it is pointing towards the bottom again. 

Am I missing something to correct this?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Help With Name Direction on Favorites
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 03:30:19 PM »
When I open PM I want the folders to appear first to select from.  Instead they are appearing at the bottom and the files are on top.  I use to two MacBook Pros.  The 2015 is tied into a Thunderbolt display and the 2013 is the one I take with me to shoot games and process images.  I'm having troubles with the 2013 MacBook Pro. The 2015 MacBook works like I want.  I run El Capitan on both machines.  The reason I want the folders first is for speed during games so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of files before getting to the folders.

The Mac's Finder on both machines work like they should, folders show up first.  I think the solution is to change the Name to pointing up on the Favorites Tab.  It is like this on my 2015 machine.  However when I do this it does not stay pointing up after closing PM and when I reopen it is pointing towards the bottom again. 

Are you talking about the file/folder picker dialog?  If so, that's provided by the system and PM does not control how it behaves other than to set the starting directory and give it a textual prompt.  I would imagine that there is some setting in the dialog you need to adjust.

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »
I still think it may have something to do with the Name direction on the PM Favorites menu.  I have both computers set up the same way in regards to Folder structure.  On the machine I'm having problems with when I change the direction of the Name in the Favorites section from pointing down to up it will reset back to where it was when I reopen PM.  I would like for it to be pointing up.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
I still think it may have something to do with the Name direction on the PM Favorites menu.  I have both computers set up the same way in regards to Folder structure.  On the machine I'm having problems with when I change the direction of the Name in the Favorites section from pointing down to up it will reset back to where it was when I reopen PM.  I would like for it to be pointing up.

Right-click on any item in the Favorites and choose Preferences from the popup menu.  Set your desired Favorites sort and click OK.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 06:06:23 AM »
Thank you, I think that took care of it.  I completely missed that.