Author Topic: Using Canon "protected" files with the "copy locked only" feature  (Read 2544 times)

Offline illiniholly

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is "protected" the same thing is "locked" when it comes to Canon models?  I'm a wedding photographer (Nikon) and have tried a few times to copy over just my second shooter's Canon protected images with PhotoMechanic, but it never seems to work.  Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting in camera?  It works perfectly on my Nikon and would like to figure out a way for Canon as well. Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Using Canon "protected" files with the "copy locked only" feature
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »
Yes, but it depends on what model of Canon camera you have and what card interface you're using.  On one of the Canon models when it has dual card interface and one is using the non-CF card (I forget what format), protecting the images doesn't actually lock the images and thus PM doesn't see them as locked in Ingest.

-Kirk

Offline illiniholly

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »
I just checked with her -- she uses a Mark II with just one slot and they're CF cards.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
I just checked with her -- she uses a Mark II with just one slot and they're CF cards.

If you look at the files in your OS, are they 'locked' or write-protected?  If they're not showing as locked then PM won't see them as locked either.

-Kirk