Author Topic: Getting DXO to read PM stars and rankings  (Read 3419 times)

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Getting DXO to read PM stars and rankings
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
I am using PM 5.0 build 19728 on windows 10. 

I am trying to use DXO Photo Lab 2.1 as my raw editor.  When I cull in PM adding stars, labels etc.. and then select "edit selected files with" command, DXO only opens 1 file.  Also, the only thing that can be seen are the stars rankings.

I also matched DXO labels with PM in the preferences section.  DXO only uses green-picks, Red-rejects, and untagged as labels.  I also selected the box "synchronize color class with IPTC Urgency field.

Under the iptc/xmp tab in the PM preferences, I selected all of the boxes under the "writing iptc/xmp" section for "tiff-based RAW photos"

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Getting DXO to read PM stars and rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »
Unfortunately, DXO software does not seem to be interoperable at a metadata level with other software.  I'd suggest contacting DXO for assistance.  They may be able to explain how to get their software to accept more than one photo at a time from an external application and how to get it to work better with industry-standard XMP metadata.

-Kirk

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting DXO to read PM stars and rankings
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
I have been using DxO PhotoLab (and before that DxO Optics Pro) as a supplemental raw converter for several versions. My experience has been that DxO does not play nicely with third-party browsers in translation of EXIF/IPTC standards.

Bob
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F