Author Topic: PM Constantly Crashing  (Read 2637 times)

Offline BCMielke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Constantly Crashing
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:59:24 PM »
I have the latest version of PM running on the latest released version of El Capitan.  I open a folder of images on my disk drive on my Retina 15" Macbook Pro (Late 2013) and 95% of the time the folder of 3074 images crashes.  If this matters I also share that the folder contains subfolders which also have images inside of them.  Any thoughts on why this behaviour is happening? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Constantly Crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:16 PM »
I have the latest version of PM running on the latest released version of El Capitan.  I open a folder of images on my disk drive on my Retina 15" Macbook Pro (Late 2013) and 95% of the time the folder of 3074 images crashes.  If this matters I also share that the folder contains subfolders which also have images inside of them.  Any thoughts on why this behaviour is happening?

Perhaps one of the images is corrupt in some way that is causing PM to crash when it tries to load and render it?  Does the problem persist on other folders of images unrelated to this folder that you're having problems?

-Kirk

Offline BCMielke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:39:31 AM »
Yes!  Pretty much any folder I choose if it has images in it will crash.  Either on my hard drive or a thumb drive.  Especially if I start browsing before the images are render. 

I do not experience any issues when using either Bridge or Perfect Suite 9's Browse. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »
Yes!  Pretty much any folder I choose if it has images in it will crash.  Either on my hard drive or a thumb drive.  Especially if I start browsing before the images are render. 

I do not experience any issues when using either Bridge or Perfect Suite 9's Browse.

I suggest calling our support folks at +1 503.547.2888

-Kirk

Offline BCMielke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »
I emptied the Caches and that seems to have helped. 

If it comes up again consistently I will give a call. 

Thanks