Author Topic: Interest in a ShootProof uploader?  (Read 3493 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Interest in a ShootProof uploader?
« on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
I recently converted to ShootProof for my online gallery sales.  Their little Adobe Air uploader program isn't very useful, but an uploader in PM would be a huge benefit.

How many people use ShootProof?  If enough people say "we want this", is this something Camerabits could develop add if I chase down the technical documentation from ShootProof?

-Mike
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:29:40 AM by FairfieldPhoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Interest in a ShootProof uploader?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »
Mike,

I recently converted to ShootProof for my online gallery sales.  Their little Adobe Air uploader program isn't very useful, but an uploader in PM would be a huge benefit.

How many people use ShootProof?  If enough people say "we want this", is this something Camerabits could develop add if I chase down the technical documentation from ShootProof?

Possibly, or you could encourage the ShootProof folks to create a template for PM and we'd be happy to include it.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »
So, here what I got from ShootProof

http://developer.shootproof.com/

with the details of how their authentication and API works.  This is WAY over my head.  Any chance you could take a peek at this when you get a free minute to see whether this is a straightforward interface or more involved that is worth it?

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »
Mike,

So, here what I got from ShootProof

http://developer.shootproof.com/

with the details of how their authentication and API works.  This is WAY over my head.  Any chance you could take a peek at this when you get a free minute to see whether this is a straightforward interface or more involved that is worth it?

It looks similar to the methods used in other templates like PhotoShelter.  I take it that they had no interest in writing their own upload template?

For us to want to write one, we would have to see that our users want to use the ShootProof service from within Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »
I wouldn't rule out them writing it yet.  It's just that the first go-round of emails resulted in their API documentation.

Kind of a chicken and egg right now.  I will see if I can drum up some more interest for a ShootProof exporter.

If I have them look at it, do they open one of the other .RB files or is there some documentation available to look at from their perspective?

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
Mike,

I wouldn't rule out them writing it yet.  It's just that the first go-round of emails resulted in their API documentation.

Kind of a chicken and egg right now.  I will see if I can drum up some more interest for a ShootProof exporter.

If I have them look at it, do they open one of the other .RB files or is there some documentation available to look at from their perspective?

The other templates are the best documentation that we have.  If they decide to create their own template, put them in touch with us and we'll help get them started.

-Kirk