Author Topic: emailing from photomechanic in windows 10  (Read 2772 times)

Offline kenjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
emailing from photomechanic in windows 10
« on: February 07, 2016, 06:23:10 AM »
I am running Photomechanic 5.0 Build 16960, on Windows 10. I cannot find a way to email images from Photomechanic using the email client built into Windows 10. Please advise what I need to do to use this function of PM. Thanks, Ken Jack.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: emailing from photomechanic in windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
Ken,

I am running Photomechanic 5.0 Build 16960, on Windows 10. I cannot find a way to email images from Photomechanic using the email client built into Windows 10. Please advise what I need to do to use this function of PM. Thanks, Ken Jack.

Photo Mechanic uses MAPI (Microsoft's Mail API) to send email via MAPI compatible email clients.  I am not familiar with the built-in Windows 10 email client

A little searching finds that the built-in email client does not support MAPI.  Microsoft's Office applications cannot send mail via the built-in email client.

http://superuser.com/questions/964848/how-do-i-configure-the-windows-10-mail-app-as-the-default-mapi-client

You'll have to choose a more fully-featured email client.  Apparently the built-in client only supports the sendto: protocol which is insufficient for sending messages with attachments.

-Kirk

Offline kenjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: emailing from photomechanic in windows 10
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:48:03 AM »
That's helpful to know, even if not what I hoped for! Regards, Ken