Author Topic: Newbie can't edit in photoshop  (Read 4605 times)

Offline OttO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Newbie can't edit in photoshop
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:44:07 PM »
How do I set photomechanic to open an image in P/S?  I am using a Mac and my images open only in Preview when I wish to edit.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Newbie can't edit in photoshop
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:52:12 PM »
How do I set photomechanic to open an image in P/S?  I am using a Mac and my images open only in Preview when I wish to edit.

Open Photo Mechanic's Preferences.  Click on the Launching tab.  In the section titled "Default application to edit photos:" change the radio button to "Assign default application:" and then use the "Choose..." button to find and choose Photoshop.

That's it unless you want to set specific editing applications for individual file types.  For that you click on the "Set..." button to the right of the text labeled "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:".

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Newbie can't edit in photoshop
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:19:52 AM »

Kirk's reply will indeed make PM open them with Photoshop, but if you just open a file in the finder (by double-clicking, for example) does it also open into Preview?  If so, you could change the default app within Mac OS as well.  Select one of the photos you want to change and choose the File>Get Info... menu (Command-I).  In the resulting Info window you can then change the Open With: setting to make it open with Photoshop.  Once you've done that you can also press the Change All... button in the same Info window to make all similar files also open in PS.

HTH.