Author Topic: Won't open contact sheet from File menu if folder name has a space at the end  (Read 4618 times)

Offline tswarren

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I haven't seen this posted before, but when I accidentally give a folder of images a name that has a space at the end of it, PhotoMechanic will not open it as a contact sheet from the "Open Contact Sheet..." line of the File menu. It simply opens a blank "untitled" tab instead.

However when you drag the photo to the PhotoMechanic icon in the menu bar, it opens as a contact sheet.

-Ted S. Warren / AP Photos Seattle

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ted,

I haven't seen this posted before, but when I accidentally give a folder of images a name that has a space at the end of it, PhotoMechanic will not open it as a contact sheet from the "Open Contact Sheet..." line of the File menu. It simply opens a blank "untitled" tab instead.

However when you drag the photo to the PhotoMechanic icon in the menu bar, it opens as a contact sheet.

What version of Photo Mechanic are you using (and build number if applicable)?  What OS are you running Photo Mechanic on?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tswarren

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c)
Mac OSX 10.8.5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ted,

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c)
Mac OSX 10.8.5

I tried to reproduce your problem and was unable to get a contact sheet showing no files in it.

Here is what I did, please tell me if I have done anything wrong:

1) Created a folder called "Space at the end "
2) Put a JPEG in it.
3) In PM, I chose "Open Contact Sheet..." from the File menu.
4) Navigated with the folder picker dialog to the "Space at the end " folder and chose it.

PM opened the folder as a contact sheet tab and showed the JPEG that I had earlier copied there.  I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.5, by the way.

-Kirk