Author Topic: Structured Keywords Panel issue in R17146  (Read 3076 times)

Offline riecks

• Beta Testers
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured Keywords Panel issue in R17146
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build R17146 on Windows 7x64.

I am having a problem with the double-click feature after searching for a keyword in the Structured Keyword  Panel after installing build R17146.

Specifics: When I open the Structured Keyword Panel dialog, and type in a search term, I am taken to that location in the hierarchical keyword catalog (or presented with options to choose).  Normally I can then simply double click on that term in the listing and the path is inserted into the "Collection" window.  However, since I installed Build R17146, double clicking results in nothing. 

I have the preferences set in the Structured Keyword Panel dialog for "Double-click" set to "Adds Path to Collection" and the "Synonyms" option set to "Apply Synonyms along entire path."

I tried changing those values, closing the dialog, reopening and trying again. No luck.

After several tries, I found that if I click on to another keyword in the hierarchy (above or below, not a broader term up the path of the keyword I searched for), then the path of keywords appears just below the selection window (the line that to the right has "Add Path" and "Add Keyword" buttons.

Only then can I double click and have the terms appear in the collection window.

Just in case there was an issue, I shut down my machine and reinstalled this most current build, and tried again, but the result was the same.

Also, this behavior is the same whether I open the Structured Keyword Catalog dialog from within the Info or Stationary dialog, or directly (Image >> Structured Keyword Panel).

Any idea what can be done, other than to roll back to an earlier version?

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keywords Panel issue in R17146
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »
David,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build R17146 on Windows 7x64.

I am having a problem with the double-click feature after searching for a keyword in the Structured Keyword  Panel after installing build R17146.

Specifics: When I open the Structured Keyword Panel dialog, and type in a search term, I am taken to that location in the hierarchical keyword catalog (or presented with options to choose).  Normally I can then simply double click on that term in the listing and the path is inserted into the "Collection" window.  However, since I installed Build R17146, double clicking results in nothing. 

I have the preferences set in the Structured Keyword Panel dialog for "Double-click" set to "Adds Path to Collection" and the "Synonyms" option set to "Apply Synonyms along entire path."

I tried changing those values, closing the dialog, reopening and trying again. No luck.

After several tries, I found that if I click on to another keyword in the hierarchy (above or below, not a broader term up the path of the keyword I searched for), then the path of keywords appears just below the selection window (the line that to the right has "Add Path" and "Add Keyword" buttons.

Only then can I double click and have the terms appear in the collection window.

Just in case there was an issue, I shut down my machine and reinstalled this most current build, and tried again, but the result was the same.

Also, this behavior is the same whether I open the Structured Keyword Catalog dialog from within the Info or Stationary dialog, or directly (Image >> Structured Keyword Panel).

Any idea what can be done, other than to roll back to an earlier version?

Thanks for the information.  I'll see what I can do to fix it for the next update.  In the meantime, you should get an earlier build.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:15:15 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Ned

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Structured Keywords Panel issue in R17146
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
I am having the same problem.  I am unable to choose any keywords when in structured keywords by any method whatsoever. This is a major problem considering I am required to use keywords only from my structured keyword list for my clients.

The work around David mentioned works most of the time, but is unsatisfactory.