Author Topic: Ingest slowdown  (Read 2881 times)

Offline tombearyphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest slowdown
« on: February 24, 2016, 03:01:09 PM »
Hey, i've noticed recently that my ingest time has become very slow .... even when ingesting jpg's.  I'm not really sure whats causing it to be honest. My feeling is that my card reader is faulty or my mac is slowing down the ingest however i could be wrong on this. It can take my mac a couple of minutes for PM to start to ingest and i also have to close down image capture too...could this be affecting the ingest?

Whats the best way of finding and fixing the problem?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:12:20 PM by oneshotbeary »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest slowdown
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:16:45 PM »
Hey, i've noticed recently that my ingest time has become very slow .... even when ingesting jpg's.  I'm not really sure whats causing it to be honest. My feeling is that my card reader is faulty or my mac is slowing down the ingest however i could be wrong on this. It can take my mac a couple of minutes for PM to start to ingest and i also have to close down image capture too...could this be affecting the ingest?

Whats the best way of finding and fixing the problem?

I can't offer you a fix with what information you've provided.  You're going to have to do some investigation.  Take PM completely out of the equation.  Use the Finder to copy the files from the card to your hard drive.  Does it copy slow or fast?  If it is slow, then it is likely not a PM problem and is either something wrong with your card reader, its cable, the interface port, the card itself, etc.

If you have other readers and cards to try, you can use a process of elimination to find out what the culprit is.

If it copies fast with the Finder, then we would start looking at PM for problems.

-Kirk

Offline etrigan63

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »
I am running into this as well on Windows 10 Pro. I try the same copy process using Downloader Pro (Breeze Systems) and the copy with backup happens lightning fast. Target drive is a 3TB RAID-5 array and backup target is a locally attached Drobo 5C (10TB of space).

Carlos

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »
Carlos,

I am running into this as well on Windows 10 Pro. I try the same copy process using Downloader Pro (Breeze Systems) and the copy with backup happens lightning fast. Target drive is a 3TB RAID-5 array and backup target is a locally attached Drobo 5C (10TB of space).

This thread is over a year old and I can only assume that Tom solved the problem on his system by now since there were no follow-up posts.  Please tell me more about your problem and I'll do what I can, but generally for problems like this, our direct support is a better solution:

I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888  //  Fax: +1 503.547.2880

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

-Kirk