Author Topic: ALL CAPS  (Read 2297 times)

Offline averyphotog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ALL CAPS
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »
I frequently have to change a name in the Caption field to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way of doing this than re-typing the name?

-Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ALL CAPS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Mark,

I frequently have to change a name in the Caption field to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way of doing this than re-typing the name?

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Variable_Substring_Extraction

If you want to do it in bulk then it would be a three step process:You'd have to use the IPTC Stationery Pad to apply the caption to another field with {caption:UC} and then use the IPTC Stationery Pad to copy from the other field (using its variable) back to the Caption field, and then finally another application of the IPTC Stationery Pad to clear the temporary field.

If you only occasionally need to do it, then you'd open up the IPTC Info for a particular image (click on the 'i' button when your cursor is over the image) and then enter {caption:UC} in some unused field, then hold down the "Modifier Key" (Option on Mac, Shift on Windows) and then click on the "Eval" button (you'll see the OK button change to Eval).  Then cut the text from the unused field and paste it over the Caption field text.

Less error-prone than retyping the text, but I don't have a solution for you that is less tedious.

-Kirk

Offline averyphotog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:51 PM »
Thanks for your help.

Offline Jen Mack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:08 AM »
On a Mac: select the text, then right click (control click/two finger trackpad tap) and select Transformations > Make Upper Case.

On Windows, /shrug