Author Topic: Info and EXIF  (Read 3402 times)

Offline DER

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Info and EXIF
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
When I open th info on a thumbnail in a contact sheet the info box does not show all the EXIF data that I see when I open a jpeg in Mac finder with the Inspector tool. I would like to see all the EXIF in the info pane , is this possible and how?
Thanks
DER

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Info and EXIF
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:46:53 PM »
You can customize the text that appears in the Info pane and in the tooltips in the Contact Sheet.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Info_Panel

-Kirk

Offline DER

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
My question was not framed well. Example - the info panel shows a line for "Focus Mode" , it is blank, no information  shown. When I open the same jpeg in finder on my mac (10.10.5) and open the inspector tool , all the EXIF data is there including the focus mode information. How do I get the PM info panel to shown this data ?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »
Can you upload a small image where the focus mode does not show?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline DER

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:26:36 PM »
Here are two screen shots ,one fro PM and one from Preview Mac. You can see that there is missing data in PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
Here are two screen shots ,one fro PM and one from Preview Mac. You can see that there is missing data in PM.

Please post an image produced by your camera.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DER

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »
Here is the same photo from camera Fuji XT-1

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
When I open th info on a thumbnail in a contact sheet the info box does not show all the EXIF data that I see when I open a jpeg in Mac finder with the Inspector tool. I would like to see all the EXIF in the info pane , is this possible and how?

We currently do not parse the Maker Note in FujiFilm cameras.  This is being added.  FocusMode is a value that is stored in the maker note only (i.e. not a standard Exif tag).  There are other values Fuji stores in the maker note such as its internal serial number, flash exposure compensation, and a shutter count that we plan on reading.

The lens model is actually stored in the standard Exif area but we aren't currently reading this.  I'll add this field for the next build of PM 5 as it potentially affects all makes/models.

(NOTE: the focus mode shown in your screen shots showing "AI Servo AF" is really not correct since that is a Canon thing)

Regards,

--dennis
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:04:44 PM by dennis »