Author Topic: Is it possible to write a custom uploader?  (Read 3351 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Is it possible to write a custom uploader?
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:31:48 AM »
Hi, I posted this message in General discussion a while back but there was no response - don't know if that was because that section gets less visits.

I have noticed that recent revisions of PM have included new uploaders (photoshelter, twitter, 500px etc) some of which were written by 3rd parties. Can I write a custom uploader for my own website? I have a REST based API to allow photo uploads, would like to use it within PM if I can.  If there is any developer guide available, please let me know.

Thanks
-Tommy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is it possible to write a custom uploader?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »
Tommy,

Yes, you can write your own uploader.  There is no documentation, but you can use the other templates as your guide.

Templates for PM are written in the Ruby scripting language.

Your custom template may be stored anywhere local on your computer and you can point PM at your folder that contains your template.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Files_Preferences

Location of User Templates: These settings allow you to choose a folder where your custom templates are stored on your system. The Export dialog, HTML Template Exporter, and Uploader dialog will look here for additional templates.

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to write a custom uploader?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
Thanks Kirk