Author Topic: Next thumbnail key  (Read 3139 times)

Offline sportsnapper

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Next thumbnail key
« on: March 20, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
I've been using Lightroom to do my key-wording of large amateur sports events. But I'm experimenting with the power of code replacement in photo-mechanic.

But I'm now frustrated by the lack of a keyboard shortcut for selecting the next set of images to keyword. Currently in LR I'll select a series of images using shift+right arrow. Then the following sequence - Ctl-K, enter race number, enter, esc then alt-right arrow selects the next image after the sequence i've just keyworded.

To do this in a similar fashion in a photo-mechanic contact sheet, I've added a couple of Keyboard Maestro macros. So alt-k brings up the IPTC pad, and tabs down to the keyword field. I enter the race number, and code replacement expands it. cmd-s now imitates alt-ctl-a and saves the keywords (i find that easier :-) ). Then I have to use the mouse to select the next thumbnail.

Have I missed anything? I really want to do all of my key-wording just using the keyboard....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Next thumbnail key
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »
You can select images from the Contact Sheet with keyboard control.  Shift-arrow extends the selection.

-Kirk