Author Topic: X-Pro2 RAF problem from Mechanic to LR6  (Read 5139 times)

tomppa123

X-Pro2 RAF problem from Mechanic to LR6
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »
I use Photo mechanics 5 to browse and select favorite photos directly from Card reader (USB3) and then import it to Lightroom 6.4

It takes at least 5min to import 10 X-Pro2 raw files (uncompressed and compressed)
If I browse and import directly from LR6 browser, it takes 10sec.

Never had problems with 5DmkIII 21MP RAW files.
Any Ideas?

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: X-Pro2 RAF problem from Mechanic to LR6
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
Tom,

I use Photo mechanics 5 to browse and select favorite photos directly from Card reader (USB3) and then import it to Lightroom 6.4

It takes at least 5min to import 10 X-Pro2 raw files (uncompressed and compressed)

Import where?  Via what mechanism?  In other words, what application is doing the importing that takes so long to complete?

-Kirk

tomppa123

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 04:02:50 AM »
If I give my RAF files a color-tag in Photo Mechanica (straight from card-reader) and then press control+E to sent it to  LR6, in the Libary of LR6 the colored tagged photos are tagged, then hit Import, It takes about 5min to load those tagged photos into LR to edit.

If I do the same with Canon RAW it takes only 20sec.

If I open LR6 and view photos straight from card-reader and the tag them, it takes about 20sec to import.
The main reason I use Photo Mechanics is to view the raw very fast straight from a card reader and tag them. LR is to slow to do this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:44:54 AM »
If I give my RAF files a color-tag in Photo Mechanica (straight from card-reader) and then press control+E to sent it to  LR6, in the Libary of LR6 the colored tagged photos are tagged, then hit Import, It takes about 5min to load those tagged photos into LR to edit.

If I do the same with Canon RAW it takes only 20sec.

If I open LR6 and view photos straight from card-reader and the tag them, it takes about 20sec to import.
The main reason I use Photo Mechanics is to view the raw very fast straight from a card reader and tag them. LR is to slow to do this.

This sounds more like a problem with LR6 than Photo Mechanic.  PM only gives a list of filenames to external editors.  It does not copy the files into the external application.

-Kirk