Author Topic: "Copy to this folder" dialog box (enhance size)  (Read 3739 times)

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
"Copy to this folder" dialog box (enhance size)
« on: March 14, 2016, 06:11:54 AM »
Hello,

I work with large directory structures.
With this actual dialog box width, it's usual not been able to see the complete path because the text excels the dialog box width.
So I try to see the path by pressing "..." and it goes to somewhere else rather than the path displayed.

Example: With Copy to this Folder selected, to folder "C:\ARCHIVE\2016\AP\FTP\EVENTS\NATIONAL\RACE\FRIDAY\PARTICIPANTS\ALL"
With this path, I will be able to see it until "NATIONAL" and the rest is hidden because it exceed the dialog box width.
Also, when I press "..." it goes not to that path. It goes to Documents instead.

Can you make PM go to the directory displayed and allow us to see the full path?

Perhaps adding another row below it?

Thanks!

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: "Copy to this folder" dialog box (enhance size)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:12:41 AM »
The ... button goes to the path you have set in the first box, this is also where you should specify the “root” of the destination. The second path box is where you can use e.g., image variables, code replacements, and text to alter the destination path (which will include the set “root”!). This works very well indeed.

Perhaps you can set the root to something that doesn't change and then use the second box only for the variable part. In your case this could perhaps be "RACE\FRIDAY\PARTICIPANTS\ALL"

For really large paths the dialog could still be a bit too small (I'm not sure how easy it would be to make the dialog resizeable), but I think making proper use of the two fields will help you a lot already.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl