Author Topic: Lost keywords list  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Renaud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lost keywords list
« on: April 02, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »
Hi,

I lost today all the keywords that were in my list : when I open the structured keywords panel, it's all blank.
There is no more keywords list.

Even after having selected a photo already including keywords, which are displayed in the IPTC Stationary pad, these keywords are not displayed in the keywords list. They only show up if I edit keywords.

Maybe it's because of a crash I recently had, or because I installed a maintenance release of OS X today ?

I ran permissions repair in disk utility, no result. I also installed the most recent version of PM.

Where is this list located ? How can I recover it ?

I use a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.10.5.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Update : hereattached is a screen copy of the library>preference files. Some folders are empty, is it normal ? As you also see, there is a StructuredKeywords file.. which is empty. I don't know if it is at the right place..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:12:59 PM by Renaud »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Lost keywords list
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
Hi,

I lost today all the keywords that were in my list : when I open the structured keywords panel, it's all blank.
There is no more keywords list.

Even after having selected a photo already including keywords, which are displayed in the IPTC Stationary pad, these keywords are not displayed in the keywords list. They only show up if I edit keywords.

Maybe it's because of a crash I recently had, or because I installed a maintenance release of OS X today ?

I ran permissions repair in disk utility, no result. I also installed the most recent version of PM.

Where is this list located ? How can I recover it ?

I use a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.10.5.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Update : hereattached is a screen copy of the library>preference files. Some folders are empty, is it normal ? As you also see, there is a StructuredKeywords file.. which is empty. I don't know if it is at the right place..

That is the correct file.  If you don't have a backup of the file it cannot be restored.  If you delete the file, then PM will create a new file with the default list of keywords present.

I know of no other way to help you.  Perhaps you have a Time Machine backup that you can restore?

-Kirk

Offline Renaud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »
Thanks,

sadly, no recent backup.

Is there a possibility to grab the existing keywords from my whole photo library, into a new PM keywords list ?

An alternative being to import all the keywords images in Lightroom, which will also import the keywords, then export the keyword list from Lightroom, I think it will work, correct ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »
Is there a possibility to grab the existing keywords from my whole photo library, into a new PM keywords list ?

No, not possible.

An alternative being to import all the keywords images in Lightroom, which will also import the keywords, then export the keyword list from Lightroom, I think it will work, correct ?

Possibly.  I don't know how compatible the format of LR's keyword export file is with PM's Structured Keywords file, but you could give it a try.  If it fails, it may be possible to modify the file somewhat to make it compatible.

-Kirk