Author Topic: Unable unmount source disc after ingest (win XP)  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Colin Hackley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unable unmount source disc after ingest (win XP)
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »
Hey Kirk,

I’m running Windows XP pro and have started using an external USB 2.0 card reader for ingesting my photos. I have checked the “unmount source disc(s) after ingest box" in the ingest control window. However, after I ingest files from the card I get a notice in the ingest progress window saying the disk can not be unmounted.

Is there a setting elsewhere on my computer I need to look at to make this work?

Thanks,
Colin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable unmount source disc after ingest (win XP)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Colin,

I’m running Windows XP pro and have started using an external USB 2.0 card reader for ingesting my photos. I have checked the “unmount source disc(s) after ingest box" in the ingest control window. However, after I ingest files from the card I get a notice in the ingest progress window saying the disk can not be unmounted.

Is there a setting elsewhere on my computer I need to look at to make this work?

Not to my knowledge.  What happens if you try and eject the card by right clicking on the disk in Windows Explorer?  Does it work then?

-Kirk

Offline Colin Hackley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Unable unmount source disc after ingest (win XP)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
Thanks for your response Kirk.

I've since talked with our I.T. department and learned that certain sneaky security settings just put in place by them have to be switched off to allow the disc to unmount. They made those changes and now the error message is gone and a new message tells me: "Volume "E:\" has been unmounted and is safe to eject."

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Colin