Author Topic: stars from 1 camera not imported in lightroom, other works fine  (Read 3125 times)

Offline g4hout

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have a problem with the stars in lightroom. I have 2 camera's; both canon 5dIII; I give stars in PM and then import the photo's to LR. It always worked fine, but now the stars from one camera are imported and from the other camera not. They are exactly the same, so I'm really confused how this is possible. Can it be something in the camera-settings?? I've searched the forums but can't find it. It can't be the settings in PM I think, because files from the other camera are imported with stars.
I have recently updated all software, work with LR-CC now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:50:55 AM by g4hout »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: stars from 1 camera not imported in lightroom, other works fine
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:18 AM »
I have a problem with the stars in lightroom. I have 2 camera's; both canon 5dIII; I give stars in PM and then import the photo's to LR. It always worked fine, but now the stars from one camera are imported and from the other camera not. They are exactly the same, so I'm really confused how this is possible. Can it be something in the camera-settings?? I've searched the forums but can't find it. It can't be the settings in PM I think, because files from the other camera are imported with stars.
I have recently updated all software, work with LR-CC now.

Compare the settings on your two cameras.  I suspect one of them is putting XMP metadata into the files it produces and the other one (the one that is working) is not.

-Kirk

Offline g4hout

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »
I changed nothing on the camera-settings, and before I switched to lightroom cc last week, on a new iMac, it worked fine for both camera's.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:06:44 PM »
I changed nothing on the camera-settings, and before I switched to lightroom cc last week, on a new iMac, it worked fine for both camera's.

Compare the IPTC/XMP settings in Photo Mechanic between your old Mac and your new Mac.

If you see no differences, then I'm going to need sample files for further investigation.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:10:21 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline g4hout

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
I restarted everything once again, then some of the stars I rated before were gone, but with some new pictures I added today it works fine again, so what it was.... I don't know, but the problem seems to be solved. thanks for your time.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
One thought, were you perhaps accidentally editing the images directly on your memory card? By default PM doesn't write changes there as you really shouldn't work directly on your memory card.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline g4hout

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 02:38:42 AM »
no, I always copy the files first. But also from yesterdays's shoot everything worked fine again :-)