Author Topic: Keywords not showing up in IPTC pane, but visible in other programs/Windows OS  (Read 2522 times)

Offline ericconn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm having an issue with keywords not showing up in the IPTC pane. They're visible in other programs including Adobe Bridge and Lightroom, Exif Tool read-outs, and Windows OS Explorer, so they are definitely there.

If I try to append keywords for these images, it will replace/erase the "invisible" keywords with what I append. I have version 5.0 (build 17146)

Offline ericconn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
If I add the keyword I want to add in Windows Explorer, it will appear in PM, but none of the other preexisting keywords will not.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
If I add the keyword I want to add in Windows Explorer, it will appear in PM, but none of the other preexisting keywords will not.

Are you sure you're talking about the IPTC Keywords field and not the EXIF "description" tag?  They're not the same.

If you can provide an image that has these keywords that PM cannot see (and you tell me what you expect to see) then I can see where the metadata is located.

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your sample file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ravi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I had a very similar issue! After experimenting for a while, I think I identified the cause...at least on my PC. It might not be the exact same cause on your PC, but the symptoms sound almost identical.

I don't know how to link to the prior post I made, but if you search this forum for "Tags set using Windows Explorer Are Not Visible in IPTC Keywords Panel" you'll see the details.

I hope the information is useful.