Author Topic: Issue with Images & Raw files  (Read 2771 times)

Offline mdill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Issue with Images & Raw files
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »
Issue #1

I'm getting this issue where 1/2 the photo is discolored.  It has been happening a lot in photo mechanic.  When I take the same files to another computer and load them without photo mechanic the files are perfect.  See attached image.

Issue #2

I can't seem to tag or rate raw files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Issue with Images & Raw files
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
Issue #1

I'm getting this issue where 1/2 the photo is discolored.  It has been happening a lot in photo mechanic.  When I take the same files to another computer and load them without photo mechanic the files are perfect.  See attached image.

It looks like the JPEG previews contained within your RAW files are damaged.  If this other software renders the RAW file (and the RAW data is not damaged) then I would expect the images to look fine in that software.

PM doesn't render RAW files on Windows and it is an option (off by default) on Mac OS X.

Issue #2

I can't seem to tag or rate raw files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Where are the images stored when you try to tag or rate them?  If it is on your camera card then by default PM5 won't write to your card so the changes won't be permanent.
Do you see the tag or rating change immediately, but it later changes back, or do the changes never take effect at all?

Do you have permission to write to your image files?  Are the images write-protected?

-Kirk