Author Topic: Can not open any of my previous version contact sheets with 4.5  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Patricia Morton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I just upgraded to 4.5 from the last version and tried to open one and then any of my previous ingested contact sheets without any luck. Is there something that I need to do, to convert all my existing files to be recognized by this newer version?
Trisha

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can not open any of my previous version contact sheets with 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:00:09 AM »
Trisha,

I just upgraded to 4.5 from the last version and tried to open one and then any of my previous ingested contact sheets without any luck. Is there something that I need to do, to convert all my existing files to be recognized by this newer version?

No, there is no conversion needed.  What kind of images are you browsing?  What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline Patricia Morton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »
Nikon Camera raw images on a PC based computer (XP professional). These files were downloaded on the previous version of Photo Mechanic and opened/viewed. My hard drive shows is trying to access the files but I continue to get a blank white screen.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »
Nikon Camera raw images on a PC based computer (XP professional). These files were downloaded on the previous version of Photo Mechanic and opened/viewed. My hard drive shows is trying to access the files but I continue to get a blank white screen.

I have never heard of this issue.  I suggest calling the support folks at 503-531-8430 on Monday morning.  Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 01:06:33 PM »
Which Nikon camera?  Have the files been run through any other software?

I suspect that the fix I just made for the Leica DNG files is also going to fix the early model Nikon NEF files that didn't have any JPEG preview.

I'll arrange for Kirk to get you a beta to test.

--dennis