Author Topic: Bug in Save as ??  (Read 2009 times)

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
Bug in Save as ??
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »
Latest ver build 17338
Mac OSX 10.11.4

Inside PM, selected a photo that has crop set(via PM), right click (two finger tap) to bring up menu, select Save photo as...
In the pop up window, I select:
jpg, quality amt, cropping applied, to fit box 990 pixels, res=120, Convert to sRGB, sharpen, apply stationary, preserve exif, AND THE BUG: rename as

No matter what form I use, PM does NOT include the original file number, tried {fnum}, {frame4}, {fnm4} regardless the file it saves says the number is zero
ex) MCS-{frame4) = MCS-0000,  MCS{fnum}= MCS0

If I uncheck the rename, then click on save the resulting file is correct, showing the complete number.

Matt

Offline petereoin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in Save as ??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:46:12 AM »
I had a similar issue, as I wanted to use frame # in my watermark, but once saved via PhotoShop frame # appeared as zero 0

This is the response from Hayo that answered by questions.

"When you save the file in Photoshop as jpg, some of the meta data gets stripped (especially the makernote data as that almost impossible to maintain when resaving the image). If you really need to maintain the frame number, you'll need to save it in one of the IPTC/XMP fields before editing your file. That way it should be preserved when resaving the file."

I used Title/Object IPTC field to store Frame # and then used {object} to display the Frame # value

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »
Matt,

No matter what form I use, PM does NOT include the original file number, tried {fnum}, {frame4}, {fnm4} regardless the file it saves says the number is zero

If I uncheck the rename, then click on save the resulting file is correct, showing the complete number.

If the last four characters of your current filename is the frame number, you can extract it from the filename.  Like so:

MCS-{filenamebase:-4}

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »
Matt,

If the last four characters of your current filename is the frame number, you can extract it from the filename.  Like so:

MCS-{filenamebase:-4}

-Kirk

That did it Kirk!  Thanks...