Author Topic: Better (faster) Cropping  (Read 3508 times)

Offline goddenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Darryl Godden Photography
Better (faster) Cropping
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
There may be a way to do this, so it may not be an actual request.

Could it be possible to streamline cropping? So you can preset filenames and saving location, and perhaps actions to upload/email, for a job? It seems very laborious to create a crop, then have to 'save as' choose a location, then have that location as another 'live ingest' so I can caption and upload/email.

Perhaps the option to confirm the crop and save could be hot keyed to the return key when in cropping mode, so one key could perform the above actions?
---------------------------------------------------------
http://darrylgoddenphoto.co.uk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Better (faster) Cropping
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »
There may be a way to do this, so it may not be an actual request.

Could it be possible to streamline cropping? So you can preset filenames and saving location, and perhaps actions to upload/email, for a job? It seems very laborious to create a crop, then have to 'save as' choose a location, then have that location as another 'live ingest' so I can caption and upload/email.

Perhaps the option to confirm the crop and save could be hot keyed to the return key when in cropping mode, so one key could perform the above actions?

You don't have to do all of those steps.  Set your crops.   Then upload/email.  You can apply your crop in both of those features without creating any intermediate files.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline goddenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Darryl Godden Photography
Re: Better (faster) Cropping
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:30:23 AM »
I'll give that a try - thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://darrylgoddenphoto.co.uk