Author Topic: Crop Lines now disapprearing, won't crop at all, was working fine.  (Read 1973 times)

Offline chuckhaynes99@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Good morning,

I am using PM v5.0, build 17338 (df27633) on a laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium with 3gig RAM

I was cropping Canon 5d Mark iii Raw files, when the crop lines just disappear after dragging to size(Looks like now I noticed that the Photos are Raw files from a Canon 50d). I was cropping to 5x7, then switch to unconstrained still disapearing? I tried deleting all crops thinking it was a memory issue, same, restarted PM, same, Cold booted Laptop same?

I now notice 5d files still crop fine, does PM have issues cropping 50d raw files?

thanks,

Chuck
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:20:31 PM by chuckhaynes99@gmail.com »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop Lines now disapprearing, won't crop at all, was working fine.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:25:30 PM »
Chuck,

I am using PM v5.0, build 17338 (df27633) on a laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium with 3gig RAM

I was cropping Canon 5d Mark iii Raw files, when the crop lines just disappear after dragging to size(Looks like now I noticed that the Photos are Raw files from a Canon 50d). I was cropping to 5x7, then switch to unconstrained still disapearing? I tried deleting all crops thinking it was a memory issue, same, restarted PM, same, Cold booted Laptop same?

I now notice 5d files still crop fine, does PM have issues cropping 50d raw files?

Are you using XMP sidecar files or are you having PM embed XMP metadata?
Where are the images stored?  On your camera card or your hard drive?
If you are embedding XMP, do you have write privileges on the files you're trying to crop?

-Kirk